Our Return Policy
Our goal is to make a great machine and do right by our customers. All we ask for in return is patience in this process because nothing great is built overnight. We take pride in our work and if we ship out a bad machine we will do what we can to make it right.
The Fine Print... Because We Have To
Customers may cancel their orders, prior to shipment, for a refund minus a 3% fee to cover the card charges incurred by Blue Alpine. The card companies still charge us regardless if we refund the money. We just don't want to loose money when someone changes their mind.
Once the freeze dryer(s) ships, if it is within 30 days of ship date, customers may return their freeze dryers for a refund less all shipping costs and minus a restocking fee of 15%.
Note: We have had customers that wanted to return the unit before it even arrived because the shipping company was a few days late. Although Amazon Prime delivery is great we are not that cool and can't afford to pay for impatience.
Full One-Year Warranty only includes the U.S. continental 48 states
Warranty Period: 12 months of use from the ship date. If the unit needs to be shipped back to our facility for maintenance this time will be added to the warranty. This means that the warranty covers 12 months of use. Down time is not included.
Blue Alpine will be responsible for: Repair or, at our option, replace any part of this freeze dryer and/or vacuum pump which proves to be defective in workmanship or material.
Consumer will be responsible for: There may be small things that can be replaced by the user like a hose or a vacuum pump but for the most part if something is defective we will either ship it back to our facility or to have a service tech come to your home and repair it.
Limited 3-year warranty
Warranty Period: For the second and third year from the original ship date.
Blue Alpine will be responsible for: Repair or, at our option, replace any part of the sealed refrigeration system (compressor, condenser, evaporator, tubing) which fails because of defective workmanship or material.
Limited Warranty (Alaska, Hawaii, Canada and Puerto Rico)
We will provide warranty service to these areas but it will be done by a service tech. We will not be shipping the units back to our facility.
Normal Responsibilities of the Consumer:
Note: This is a scientific process and an expensive machine. We ask that you learn everything you can about how the process works. It would be ridiculous to buy a car without knowing how to drive.
This warranty applies only to freeze dryers used in clean environments and when operated in accordance with Blue Alpine instructions. The consumer is responsible for the following items:
1. Proper use of the appliance in accordance with the instructions provided with the product.
2.Proper installation in accordance with the instructions provided with the appliance and in accordance with all local electrical codes.
3. Proper connection to a grounded power supply of sufficient voltage, replacement of blown fuses, repair of loose connections or defects in house wiring.
4. The appliance must be operated in a clean open area that has plenty of airflow and is not above 95°F (35°C) or below 35° F (2°C).
5. Damages to the appliance during or after installation. Do not lift the unit by holding onto the door.
6. Properly maintaining and operating the freeze dryer and vacuum pump. Changing the oil is important and the pump is much like a car engine. The more often you change the oil the longer it will last.
7. Ensuring freeze-dried food, or other freeze-dried material, are completely dry prior to packaging.
8. Ensuring proper, durable containers are used. Containers, once sealed, must not allow water or air to penetrate them.
9. Ensuring sufficient/proper, fresh oxygen absorbers are included in the sealed container with the freeze dried material. They must not have expired or been exposed to the air prematurely for too long of a time.
The quality of food processed in the machine can vary widely and change depending on even the smallest change in cycle parameters. Because of this, Blue Alpine accepts no responsibility for the quality of freeze-dried food or freeze-dried materials; nor does it accept responsibility for the packaging of the food or other freeze-dried material.
Note: Shipping times are just an estimate. Once the unit leaves or facility we have very little control over the freight company. Although delays in shipping are not common we simply ask for patience in dealing with the shipping company and any delays their company might cause.
If the machine is damaged in shipped we will work with the shipping company to make it right.
1. Any modifications or add-on after-market accessories will void the warranty in its entirety.
2. Consequential or incidental damages such as, but not limited to, property damage and incidental expenses resulting from any breach of this written or any implied warranty.
3. The warranty does not cover flooding, fire, wind or other damage caused by natural events.
4. Damages caused by services performed by persons other than authorized by Blue Alpine.
5. Parts that don't meet the machine's original specs.
6. External causes such as abuse, misuse, inadequate power supply, or acts of God.
7. Products with original serial numbers that have been removed or altered and cannot be readily determined.
8. Using an extension cord instead of direct line connection to available power supply. This will ruin the motors.
9. Claims for personal injuries, incidental or consequential damages, or economic loss (profit or revenue), however caused.
10. If you are not the original owner of the freeze dryer, the warranty no longer applies.
11. Plugging the unit in to 220 voltage will void the warranty.
Note :This has happened before that is why it is in here.
If you need service just call us. We are happy to help. If we have made a pour machine we will own the mistake.
80 East Industrial Park Rd,
Saint Anthony, ID, 83445,